This page is mainly intended for the stories written by members of The Gentle Kingdom. Please have also a look at the stories that do not have to deal with Shingalana, especially Dave Morris' and John Burkitt's Chronicles series. Later I will put up a few stories that were written without the support of The Gentle Kingdom. Please pay attention to them, too.

What is behind my stories Homecoming and The Long Path? Who is Shingalana?

Shingalana is- sorry- was a lioness. Life treated her bad until her last day, until she was killed by her own kind. I wish so much she'd survived. In my own way, she did-in the Homecoming story series. She was found as a helpless, little furball. She was just a few hours old cub, when the animal filmer John Vary found her in the South African Londolozi Wildlife Preserve, obviously abandoned by her mother. Shingis heart wrenching blue eyes left John  and his companion Gillian van Houten no choice but taking her home and to raise her.  She was a playful cub, liked to play around with Elmon Mhlongo, who was treated by her like a brother. It was quite stressy for him. Shingi played arounfd with a soccer ball, slept in a bed, and when she was too active as young cub they took her in bed and Gillian put one finger into her mouth.

Shingi was very gentle, even more like an overgrown lap cat. But there was no doubt Shinig should return to the life nature intended for her. John V. showed her how to drink from a waterhole, to dig for warthogs and to take down young gazelles. At an age of 18 months she was brought to Zambia, where she could live without the danger to be killed by humans. In the vincinity of the camp was a lions pride, it's male came to the river Shingi was playing in frequently. Finally she tried to mate with him, but he was mostly accompanied by 2 of his lionesses, wo hurted Shingi and chased her away. Finally, one night, Shingi was 27 months old, the male was alone. He accepted her, but then the lionesses came, and...killed Shingi.

I can't say how much it hurted me. I saw her on TV, but I felt like I raised her. Seeing her grow up, as gentle as she was. Well, a short time later I met David Morris.He realized how much I care for Shingi, he started writing Homecoming. With it, I became author myself. During the next months many ideas were tossed around in our heads, Homecoming became also a possible sequel to TLK.

Shingalanas Song written by John Varty
(2.8 MB, MPEG-L3 format, 128 kbit, mono)
Here are pics showing Shingi, the only ones I found.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All following files are ZIPped!


The 'Homecoming' series:

'Homecoming' in text format and Word 6.0/95
by Mirco Zacher, David Morris and John Burkitt.

'The Long Path' in text format and Word6.0/95
by Mirco Zacher and John Burkitt. This finally makes the 'Homecoming' series mostly independant from the Chronicles series. But we're going on using some Chronicles characters in less important roles, and we're still having ties to the Chronicles. But this is-and was never- intended to be fully CANON with the Chronicles.

More stories of mine

Have you ever wanted to be a furry? This tells about some TLK fans transforming into furries. Not intended to be a big STORY, but more to make phantasies come true. This is located in the 'Winds of Change' universe, by Bryan Derksen.
See his homepage for more details and stories.

'Not a real change' in text format and Word6.0/95
mostly by me (Mirco Zacher), with the help of John Burkitt.

The "Chronicles of the Pridelands" series

Chronicles of the Pride Lands in text format and  Word 6.0/95  , indexed  .doc version
by John Burkitt and David Morris. Indexex .doc by Marcis Buhholcs
The Spirit Quest in text format and Word 6.0/95
by John Burkitt and David Morris
Shadow of the Makei in text format and Word 6.0/95
by John Burkitt and David Morris
Under the Acacias in text format and Word 6.0/95
by John Burkitt and David Morris

Companion stories to the "Chronicles of the Pride Lands"

The Promise in text format and Word 6.0/95
by John Burkitt and David Morris
The Leonid Saga in text format and Word 6.0/95
by John Burkitt and David Morris
Touch of the Nisei in text format and Word 6.0/95
by John Burkitt, David Morris and Ian Layton

Not Lion King related

The Spotted Lion in text format and Word6.0/95
by John Burkitt, David Morris and Ian Layton
Yaguara! in text format and Word6.0/95
by the members of Elsa's Pride. Main writers: John Burkitt, David Morris, Chris Boyce

Other stories by Gentle Kingdom members:

Redemption in text format and Word 6.0/95
by Ian Layton
The Broken Legacy in text format and Word 6.0/95
by Rocio Orozco
 

 
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Page Design(C)1998 Mirco Zacher