Simba's Pride starts where The Lion King left off. Simba and Nala have a cub, heir to the pridelands... but it's a girl (Oi!). Kiara, the adventurous princess manages to slip away from her baby-sitters Timon and Pumbaa. It is then that she bumps into a mysterious Outsider cub, Kovu, son of Zira and Scar's chosen heir. Oblivious to the hatred between their two prides, Kiara and Kovu become playmates. But it's not long untill Simba and Zira interfere.
Back at Kovu's home, the Outlands, Zira trains him to become a killer so that he can kill Simba and become a king like Scar. Through Zira's careful schemeing, Kovu is accepted into the Pridelands, poseing as a rogue. It is now that he has the chance to get rid of Simba. But the plan does not go as perfectly as Zira may have hoped. Kovu begins to develop feelings for Kiara. He begins to learn that Scar was not the nobel king that he thought he was.
Europe- 1st March 1999
Australia-4th November 1998
U.S. and Canada- 27th October 1998
Simba's Pride Facts
- The lion King 2-Simba's Pride took roughly 3 years to complete
- It was animated in Australia at Disney Television Animation Studios in Sydney. Additional in-betweening was done in Canada.
- Pre-production (script and storyboarding) was done in Los Angeles in America.
- Other names for Kiara were; Chaka, Aisha and Shari. There is also a rumour that in an early script of TLK2 Kiara was going to have a sister or brother.
- Another name for Nuka was Nunka, whether that was just a typo that got carried on I don't know.
- Originally Kovu was going to be Scar's son
- There were several scenes cut from the final version of the movie, one including Zira's suicide.
- In an early script of TLK2 Zazu was going to have a girlfriend called Binti.